Ain´t it amazing what kind of offers you get as an artist?
This text i got tonight by e-mail, it´s not only insulting but also very arrogant!
Love to share it with you!
C O N T E M P O R A R Y A R T C O N T E M P O R A I N
279 Sherbrooke West, suite 205 Montréal QC Canada H2X 1Y2
firstname.lastname@example.org tel: (514) 879.9694 fax: (514) 879.9694
ATT: Tjebbe Beekman
We have viewed your work and would like to offer you an opportunity for an exhibition of your work in Montreal, for the year 2007/2008. Please find below the Terms and conditions.
You will receive a confirmation, an exhibition date and other related information (by fax or e-mail) within a week of the gallerys receipt of the application form (see page 4)
Visit the gallery website for additional information: www.gallerygora.com
Gallery Gora is in the heart of downtown Montreal. The gallery is adjacent to the Musée dArt Contemporain and other major museums. Gallery Gora has existed since 1994 and represents a number of artists in Montreal and in contemporary international art exhibitions.
As an expanding cultural center in North America, Montreal is increasingly attracting cultural tourism. It has two official languages (French and English) as well as many other tongues spoken by its multi-cultural population. This provides the basis of a lively cultural scene that organizes a great array of cultural events, such as the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Just for Laughs Festival, and the International Film Festival. Montreal is also home to many other entertainment and sporting events, such as the Formula I car races.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Eligibility and Application Procedure
Gallery Gora invites you to exhibit in a solo or in a group exhibition. Selections are made solely on the basis of artists portfolios.
Please send to the gallery:
- Completed and signed application (see page 4)
- International bank/postal money order or bank transfer (see deposit paragraph 3)
You will then receive a confirmation, an exhibition date and other related information.
2. Duration of Exhibition
The exhibition runs for a minimum of 3 weeks (at least 19 opening days, not including setup and take down time).
3. Exhibition Fee
A - Solo Exhibition
- Each artist can have up to 20 pieces of work depending on size
- The fee for a solo exhibition is US $2,400.00 to cover gallery expenses
- The gallery takes a 10% commission during the 3 week exhibition
- A deposit (25% of the total fee) is paid together with the application. It is payable by International Money Order to Gallery Gora or electronic bank transfer to:
Galerie Gora / Imperial Bank of Commerce / 600 Cathcart street, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 1K8 / Transit # 00021 / Acc # 010 0340219 / Swift code : CIBCCATT / Routing # or ABA # : 026009593.
- The balance of the fee is payable 5 weeks prior to the exhibition date. The deposit is refundable in full if Gallery Gora cancels the exhibition.
B - Group exhibition
- The fee to take part in a group exhibition is US $250.00 for first work and US $150.00 for each additional work.
- The number of artists in a group show depends on the total number of works. The width of each work should not exceed 4ft or it will be counted as two works.
Exhibition fees cover furthermore:
Advertising and public relations
- Mention of the show in all weekly newspaper arts calendars in Montreal (when possible)
- A press release including an invitation to the exhibition e-mailed to a list of contacts (over 10,000) 1 week prior to the opening. Our contacts include the press, curators, critics, dealers, consultants and corporations, as well as a larger body of public members and buyers. If artists supply us with additional e-mail lists, we will forward the invitation to these addresses as well.
- Full colour invitation cards. If we are provided with a postal mailing list of addresses within Canada, these cards will be sent out free of charge.
Other advertising options are available at extra cost (see application form)
- On the evening of the exhibitions opening, the gallery will welcome guests with wine and other beverages.
- Gallery staff will be at hand to receive visitors throughout the exhibition and to organize corporate/cultural events and receptions whenever possible, whether the artists choose or not to be present at the show.
- Gallery Gora takes a 10% commission on sales during the 3 week exhibition.
- All money due will be sent to you within 10 days of the sale.
Artists are responsible for all shipping fees and procedures to and from the gallery door.
If you need help please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Arrival: Shipped works must arrive in a strong, protective and reusable package. All shipments must be delivered to the gallery door.
Pick-up: If the work is not retained for representation, it must be picked up from the gallery within 10 working days following the end of the exhibition. The gallery will assist you with shipping if necessary.
6. Installation of Works
- An information tag should be provided for each work, noting the following information: name, title of work, size, medium and price.
- All work must be ready to hang or show. The gallery provides pedestals for sculptures. Installations should come with clear instructions.
-Gallery staff will do the hanging and packing/unpacking of the work.
7. Canvas stretching
If works on canvas arrive at the gallery in a roll (to save on shipping costs), gallery staff will stretch (and un-stretch) the paintings for US $10 per painting. Cost of stretchers is extra ($1.50/linear foot).
Gallery Gora will take every possible care for the safety of all work; however, Gallery Gora or its staff is not responsible for any loss or damage of any work, during shipping, storage, on exhibit, at art fairs or at associate galleries.
9. Beyond the exhibition at Gallery Gora
- If the first solo exhibition produces significant interest and/or enough commissions to cover the gallerys minimum expenses, the second exhibition will be free of charge. The commission will be raised to 50% and your work will be represented in Montreal.
- A 50% commission rate also applies to any work sold after the 3 week exhibition period.
Further general information:
Use the most economical shipping procedure
- We suggest the following shipping companies: UPS, PUROLATOR or DHL.
- Sometimes sending two or three boxes is cheaper than one big crate. You might want to consider bringing the work with you and visiting Montreal (a wonderful city) at the same time.
- Another way to reduce shipping costs is to take canvases off the stretchers and ship them to the gallery in a roll, where we can have them re-stretched (see paragraph 7).
- Canadian customs may charge a 7% tax on the declared value of your work. This tax will be refunded to you (on non sold work) when the work returns to you.
If you have any further questions about shipping, feel free to contact Lyne at the gallery.
Work studio rentals
Monthly work space rentals in Montreal are also possible. Contact the gallery for more details.
Gallery Gora also offers:
- Custom framing
- Publication of artist catalogues and posters
For a price quote or for more information, please contact the gallery.
Please see application on the next page
279 Sherbrooke West, espace 205 Montreal, Qc Canada H2X 1Y2
firstname.lastname@example.org tel: (514) 879-9694 fax: (514) 879-0164
A P P L I C A T I O N F O R M
Name and address:..
Gallery fee for group show (see paragraph 3B)
- First piece of work-----------------------------------------------------------------------US $ 250.00
- US $150 (for each additional work)-------------------------------------------------US $ ______
Gallery fee for solo exhibition (around 20 pieces of work)
- 25% deposit on US $2400.00 (balance 5 weeks prior to show date)------US $ 600.00
(see paragraphs 3 and 4)
Please circle your choice of space: A or B or C or D (see plan on the gallery web site). If your choice is not available the gallery will assign you a space.
- Advertising in the GAM Montreal gallery guide-----1 page US $ 685.00 $
(10,000 copies) Half page US $ 480.00 $
Quarter page US $ 320.00 $
Total exhibition fee:--------------------------------------------------------------------US $ ______
I am including:
Money Order in US currency or a copy of the electronic bank transfer to:
Galerie Gora / Imperial Bank of Commerce / 600 rue Cathcart, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1K8 / Transit # 00021 / Acc # 010 0340219 / Swift code : CIBCCATT / Routing # or ABA # : 026009593 for the above amount (Please fax copy of transfer to the gallery)
AT THE RECEPTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM AND DEPOSIT THE GALLERY WILL EMAIL YOU THE CONFIRMATION OF THE EXHIBITION DATE AND RELATED INFORMATION.
Please do not hesitate to contact the gallery for further information.
Joseph Gora (director)
Tel: (514) 879-9694 - Fax: (514) 879-0164
Mailing address: Gallery GORA
279 Sherbrooke West, #205, Montreal, QC. CANADA H2X 1Y2
Signature: _______________________ Date:___________________